Wednesday, November 9, 2016

NEW AGE "HIPPIES" REALLY?


I have been into the so called "New Age Movement" since I was a child. It has always been an interesting subject to me, since I never really cared about children's books. I was always in the adult section with categories of new age and metaphysics. My Mother always knew where I was, not in the kiddies play dome, but upstairs in the adult sections.

 

I have always found it fascinating and studied this extensively on and off for over 43 years. I have applied many different modalities into my life with interesting results. I loved to go to New Age conventions on and off for years seeing all of the new, unique and fabulous items, and information available. That changed after one more convention about 15 years ago. I noticed the industry had changed, it wasn't about helping or knowledge but selling, selling, selling. It didn't matter if it worked, I knew it wouldn't. It seemed they where now preying on peoples' needs, falsifying its intentions of purpose. These new agers seemed out of control, some so obsessed I felt I was speaking to a Martian, crazily never stopping about non reality-based beliefs. It truly grossed me out and I never went back.

Since then I have restrained myself and can spot a new age hippie (that's my term for them) immediately. I have no time for cosmic ideas that are not sane, it's such a shame. These new agers have destroyed our light workers/metaphysicians reputation of being sane and reality-based. Please consider that other modalities of healing do exist, for example scientifically they have found proof of color therapy, essential oils, music, eastern medicine and energies that surround us and much more. Joseph Campbell was a leader in our industry, check him out.  He's amazing. So be open. There is no hocus pocus, there are some of us that do live in this reality.

 

Obsession is a term used to name chronic thinking towards someone or something. Or, as the dictionary states, the 'domination' of ones' thoughts and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment